Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Break Time?

This week is "spirit week" at the boys' school. I wasn't too concerned about it until I learned that one day (tomorrow) is costume day. Turns out I just donated a bunch of Halloween costumes and packed the ones that I didn't donate. Spectacular. Thankfully a friend volunteered some costumes for the boys: a fireman and a superhero.
Unfortunately both boys wanted to be the superhero (of course). It was turning into a big ordeal, and then Archer said "Mommy, I feel left out because I don't have a costume!" Well, you can probably guess where this is going...I ended up taking a "break" from packing to make 3 superhero capes and masks. I think they turned out pretty well considering I made them completely spontaneously with stuff that was on hand and easily accessible (in other words, not packed in some random box in the bottom of a stack). We ended up with Batman, "Flash" (although I don't think Flash has a cape, but Preston designed his and called it Flash so that's what we're going with), and Super A (this was going to be Super Why but I didn't have the right color fabric and I wasn't really sure I wanted to attempt a book appliqué).

My superheroes!




No comments:

Post a Comment