Friday, June 28, 2013

Summertime!

I get so excited when it finally feels like summer here. Every year, I think how it SHOULD feel like summer because its June, and I spend most of the month of June bemoaning the near-freezing temperatures at night and rainy days...then suddenly it hits. SUMMER!

It goes from highs in the 50's to highs in the 90's (and above - we have 102 in the forecast!). Most people here seem to hate it and they complain about it being too hot. I LOVE it. I would be happy in 90 degrees year-round (although 100 is a bit too hot for even me). 

All that to say, I think it's here! We're hovering right around 90 today and the boys and I were getting our daily dose of vitamin D by having a water balloon fight. Yesterday wasn't quite as warm, so the boys spent most of the day biking and hunting "butterflies" (moths) in the yard.

So excited that summer is HERE! (And seriously, N. Idaho...you better give me a few good months of it so I can forget about winter!)





No comments:

Post a Comment