Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Patio, Phase 2

Today was the start of the next phase of our patio project: the awning! The boys were enthralled (of course), and they loved watching the guys "balancing dangerously." 

The work is still going on, but I snapped a pic during the random downpour we had earlier.
I am so excited to get this done! Our backyard has been torn up for a loooong time this summer, and I'm ready to move on. Our next projects are siding, windows, and a new front door! Master bathroom is also on the list, but I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen for a while, so I'm making (temporary) peace with the nasty jacuzzi tub, grimy grout, and brass fixtures.

While the rainstorm was occurring, it got super quiet upstairs. That is rarely a good thing in our house. In fact, I can't think of a time when it has ever been a good thing in the last seven years...but today!!! Today it was! My boys were working on a lincoln log building, together. Complete with an awning! 
And by the end of the day, it looked like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment