Sunday, August 11, 2013

VBS

This was the first year that all of my kids have been old enough for VBS. So, except for the 2 mornings that I volunteered, I had a little kid-free time last week! It was a glimpse of what my life will be like in fall 2014 when Archer is in kindergarten, and I have no idea what I will do with myself! I cleaned the house multiple times, went shopping with a friend, got coffee, did the grocery shopping ALONE, it caught up on laundry...it was bizarre. 

The boys all loved VBS, even Archer, which is a huge feat considering how attached he is to me. They have been singing the songs non-stop, and yesterday we had a celebration at church with a BBQ and carnival. Archer and B got their faces painted (spiderman and batman...I wish I had taken pics!), and they all had fun playing the carnival games and running around with their friends. 

I somehow managed to only take one VBS-related picture the entire week...not sure how that happened! One day the younger boys made shields and Preston made a catapult. Preston was launching a cotton ball at Arch in the driveway, and Arch was blocking him with his shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment