Sunday, May 24, 2015

A Taste of Summer

North Idaho weather is so crazy...it can be 80 degrees one day, and then freeze the next day. It's insane, and that is exactly why I refuse to believe summer is ACTUALLY here until ohhhhh...mid-July! 

But we have been having a taste of summer that seems to be lasting lately. The boys are consistently wearing shorts. We've been biking almost daily to school. Our (big) chicks are enjoying spending time outside. The garden is (mostly) planted. 

And around this time of year, I start to enjoy N. Idaho again. It's hard to beat the beauty here, and when the weather is cooperating and we're hanging out by the lake or the river, or just in our backyard, I'm loving living here again. It's not that I HATE it the rest of the year, but it gets seriously cold and I'm obviously not a cold-weather girl!

So we'll enjoy it while it lasts, because in a few short months, the cold will be returning and my summer-love-feelings will have to last me through the winter!

Unfortunately, some (most) of our family has been sick for the past few days, but John managed to get most of the garden sprinkler system installed, and it should hopefully get the finishing touches on it tomorrow! Yay!

Helpers
Archer filling in the trenches

Archer took this of me, so even though you can see up my nose, I had to include it!

John had to climb this tree to retrieve a ball that was up there. He thought it was easier than getting the ladder out. Ha!

This was from maybe 2 weeks ago, but besides being slightly more overgrown with weeds, along with bigger plants, it's about the same!

And finally, our new babies! 4 barred rocks and 4 buff orpingtons (they are now 1 week old), bringing our grand total to lucky 13. Now, we're looking forward to eggs in a couple of months...although if they stayed this cute I'd be fine without eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment