Monday, October 18, 2010
Sewing for Mr. B
I finished a few more sewing projects last week! Bryton is definitely a little more reluctant (sounds a little bit better than "stubborn" right?) to try on clothes. I made him a t-shirt and jeans, but it turns out the t-shirt was too big and actually fits Preston. Oops. But the jeans fit, despite the fact that I didn't use a pattern and just kind of went for it. Next time I'll make a slightly higher rise because they are a little low on the waist, especially because I made cuffs on the pants so theoretically he would be able to wear them longer. Now he'll definitely outgrow the rise before the length. He's wearing the pants today...I wish I could get a picture but he's unwilling. I'll try to sneak one later after he's forgotten that I was trying to take a picture!
The t-shirt was incredibly difficult for me. I'm guessing it's because of the stretchy knit material. UGH! Complete frustration. It ended up a little bit puckered around the neck band but after a few re-do's, I decided to leave it because...well...I gave up. I'll get it right eventually. Plus, I recycled fabric from an old shirt of John's so I figured that must have had SOMETHING to do with it. It couldn't be my lack of experience, of course. :)
I'm in the process of making him a pair of corduroy pants from the Japanese Pochee magazine. They look like they're going to be really cute, but they probably won't fit perfectly either since I can't get him to try them on (or sit still long enough for me to measure him!).