Friday, January 6, 2012

1 week later...

John and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary a week (and 1 day!) ago. I can't believe it's been 10 years. Definitely makes me feel old! The past 10 years have seriously flown by, and I kinda hope the next 10 years go a little slower or I'll be *gulp* 40 and celebrating our 20th in the blink of an eye. That's a little bit too old for me to comprehend (as was 30 and 10 years of marriage when I was 20!). Anyway...we got to celebrate our anniversary by a night away in the "big city" at a nice hotel right in downtown. My mother-in-law bravely took the boys for the night and everyone survived! I intended to get a good night's sleep and was actually asleep by about 9:30, but then I woke up about 3 hours later and couldn't go back to sleep. Argh! The story of my life. But despite my insomnia, we had a spectacular time (and so did the boys!). It was so nice to be able to go away without worrying about a nursing baby/toddler, and this was the first year I could say that since we had kids! It definitely made it a lot easier and less stressful to get away. We were able to just relax and not worry (too much) about the kids! - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment