Monday, August 25, 2014

Our Last Week

I can't believe we're down to the last week of summer! We have a busy, busy week here, and I have to say, I'm still not ready for school to start. It might be partly because my baby will be going to school, and I will have 3 hours with no kids for the first time in almost 9 years. It's weird. I can't wrap my mind around it yet, but I am kinda regretting that we didn't do preschool for Arch. I think we both could've used it as prep for "real" school! So, I guess the busyness keeps my mind off of the impending start of school.

This weekend we finally finished a project that has been ongoing for about 9 months: the greenhouse! I'm beyond excited. We started it last fall, but then John had knee surgery, and we've only worked on it sporadically since then. Until now! We spent ALL day Saturday on it, and it's a huge relief to be done with it.


We also had a birthday party to go to this weekend, and it reminded me that I really need to get on planning a party for B! His birthday is the day after school starts this year, and we've already talked about doing it a week or 2 after his birthday, but even that is starting to creep up on me! I can't believe he's going to be 7! Last night he lost his first tooth. I think my boys are all growing up way too quickly!!

Otherwise, the garden is continuing to consume a TON of my time. I enjoy it, mostly, but it sometimes it feels like just one more thing I have to do. I have canned some salsa & tomato sauce, and dilly beans. I'm canning some more tomato sauce today. I've also frozen 11-12 gallons of green beans! We are going to be eating beans like crazy all winter, but I don't think I'm going to be able to can as many tomato things as I did last year. Oh well...
These grasshoppers have me on edge every time I pick beans! They hop right at me sometimes and it scares me!

And we have at least one more adventure to come before school starts...


No comments:

Post a Comment