John is 30 today! Oh wow. Time is flying by, and it seems like yesterday that I met this cute 18-year-old at college orientation. It's hard to believe that almost 12 years have gone by!
In honor of him turning 30, here are 30 things that I love about him!
1. He puts Archer to bed almost every single night (if you know Archer, you know this is a pretty big deal!).
2. He makes breakfast almost every single morning.
3. He does the "heavy lifting" for my landscaping projects!
4. He shares my love for scooters.
5. He is a complete sucker for his sons.
6. He buys me Dutch Bros. randomly, especially during $1 week. :)
7. He reads my mind on a regular basis.
8. He loves his job...
9. And he's good at it. (I trust him with my teeth!)
10. He reads books that I've read and liked.
11. He buys books to read that he knows I want to read (very handy to have 2 nooks so we can read at the same time!)
12. He makes me laugh every single day.
13. He always makes time for the boys, even when he's completely exhausted from seeing a million patients per day (no shortage of patients in public health).
14. He loves to garden with me.
15. He wants a souped-up mini cooper some day.
16. He's currently restoring a vintage vespa, saying it's for me, but really, he loves it.
17. He reminds me to take vitamins every day.
18. He kicks me out of the house when he gets home and I've had a rough day with the boys.
19. He eats every meal that I make, even if it's not very good.
20. He tells me that the food is good, even if it's not (although I can tell by his face what he REALLY thinks!).
21. He doesn't (usually) complain about eating beans & rice on a regular basis.
22. He watches chick flicks with me, without complaining, and sometimes will even admit to liking one.
23. He sometimes surprises me by unloading the dishwasher before he goes to work in the morning. I DESPISE unloading the dishwasher, so this totally makes my day!
24. When I told him that I wanted to buy some new clothes, but I needed him to give me a budget so I didn't feel guilty for buying stuff for myself, he told me an outrageously high number. And he meant it. (And when I didn't spend it all, he was genuinely SURPRISED!)
25. He no longer makes comments about the amount of shoes that are in our closet.
26. He lets us tag along to conferences with him (well, we don't actually GO TO the conferences...but we've taken a few "vacations" this way).
27. He GETS our boys. He knows what motivates them and what makes them tick. Like when he recently took the batteries out of their Leapsters right in front of them as punishment. That was pretty effective, but I would never have thought to do it.
28. He says things to me like "You are NOT putting another tree in our yard!" and then calls from a nursery to see if I'd like him to order another tree (or 5...thanks to Kira's hubby!).
29. He spends his weekends doing things that I've schemed about all week.
30. He works hard (and especially harder than most dentists!) to pay off debt (like my student loans which are now PAID OFF!) and now to pay down our mortgage.