Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Beach

One thing I REALLY miss about Oregon is the beach.  Having lived within easy driving distance of the beach for the first 26 years of my life, it has been kind of sad for me.  I know some (my husband included) would argue that we have plenty of beaches, but LAKE beaches just aren't the same as OCEAN beaches. 

We usually make a day trip out to the coast when we are down in Oregon, but this time we spent a couple of nights at a house there with my parents and my grandmother's.  The weather wasn't spectacular, but we had one really nice day + a day of perfect kite-flying weather, plus there were plenty of people to keep the boys entertained at the house.

Get ready for pic overload!

B throwing rocks - a favorite activity of course.
B & his pinwheel
This must have been on the "perfect kite-flying" day.  He's going for the wind-blown look!
I'm pretty sure this was the first time Archer was really old enough to enjoy the beach.  He LOVED the waves!
Kite Flying!

Hot tub in the rain.  P&B LOVED it...Arch...not so much.
P & Poppa playing Jenga
Serious concentration
Game time!  (So glad there was an abundance of adults there since I really don't like games.)
Archer & Momma (my mom)
Cute little boy

No comments:

Post a Comment