Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I know...

I complain A LOT about the weather.  But it's my blog.

I woke up to SNOW again this morning.  Seriously.

It's almost MAY.  I was (am?) planning to plant my garden outside in about 2.5 weeks.  My little seedlings are looking kind of weak and anemic.  We need sunshine! 

But in the interest of keeping things positive around here, last weekend I planted some cold weather stuff outside (plants courtesy of my dad, time to plant courtesy of my in-laws who had the boys overnight!)...kale, spinach, lettuce, cabbage.  And I noticed that some of the other seeds that I previously planted directly outside have sprouted (finally!): carrots, radishes, spinach, onions.  I have some sort of hefty goals for my little garden this year, so I'm really hoping the weather cooperates!

The boys are getting anxious for warmer weather too.  Today we read a book about the seasons and Preston was wanting to just read the section about summer over and over.  (I didn't sway his opinion, I promise!)  Then, tonight we went shopping for a baby gift, and on the way home I overheard Preston praying:
"Dear God, PLEASE help the rain to stop.  PleasepleasepleasepleasePLEASE help the rain to stop.  Or just have it rain at night so we can still play outside during the day."  (Really, I try to encourage outdoor play even in the rain - and they do spend a lot of time in their rain boots outside - but it's just not as fun as the sunshine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment