Wednesday, August 31, 2011

B's Birthday Celebration, Part 1

Bryton's 4th birthday isn't until Saturday, but my parents and John's brother were here for my father-in-law's funeral so we decided to end the weekend with a birthday celebration.  I think it was really good for everyone to focus on something fun, and it was especially good for the kids!  It was also another reminder of how much we will miss Grandpa though, since he was always there for birthday celebrations.
Guitar cake.  He has been wanting a guitar AND a guitar cake for months and months.  I didn't know that a 3 (almost 4) year old could want something so badly for so long!
Make a wish...
Blowing out the candles...
Success!
The fruit almost outshined the cake!  (Is outshined a word?  Outshone seems a little awkward.)
Grapes, yum.
Time for presents: A GUITAR!  So excited.
He played it so much the first day that he gave himself a blister on his thumb, and then popped the blister while he was playing some more.  I guess he likes it.
Daddy showing him how to tune it.
Then off to Red Robin for dinner.  (B with "Momma" - my mom)
Ice cream & balloons.  Life is good.
All gone!
And back home for a little more guitar playing.  I have an adorable video of him singing & playing if I can figure out how to add it sometime.  His favorite song is "Toes" by Zac Brown Band.

No comments:

Post a Comment