Thursday, April 10, 2014

First stop: Roatan Honduras

Like I said before, we pretty much booked this cruise for the itinerary. The first two stops were the ones I was looking forward to the most (Honduras and Belize). 

In Roatan, we rented a jeep and had a beach day, did a little exploring, and spent some time shopping. We found a nice little beach that we had to ourselves for pretty much the entire time. The boys loved it so much they didn't want to leave. As we got back to the port, we ALMOST decided to go zip-lining, but we thought it might be too much to cram in to our day. 

Roatan was beautiful, the people seemed friendly, and we decided that it was a place that we would want to vacation at for a longer amount of time...

...then, we heard after we got home that a Norwegian crew member was killed there in an attempted robbery just a few days after we left...and I started researching and saw how high the crime rate is...now I'm not sure. I never felt unsafe. But maybe I should have? I don't know. 

Before Archer fell asleep!

And after...poor B!

Family pic behind a little restaurant - of course there's always one kid with eyes closed or a silly expression!

No comments:

Post a Comment