Friday, September 5, 2014

Canning Progress

I kept thinking I was so behind in my canning this year, until I looked back at last years post...I guess I am ahead of where I was last year! I will try not to panic.

We have tomatoes in abundance, but our green beans are finally slowing down a bit. I still have canned green beans from last year, so I froze them this year and didn't can any, except for 10 pints of dilly beans. I ended up freezing at least 12 gallons! Crazy. Plus we had plenty to eat fresh and even enough to share with friends and neighbors. 

My tomato canning has really picked up the last week or so. So far this year, I have canned 20 quarts of tomato sauce, 32 pints of salsa, and 7 quarts of salsa. Up next is ketchup...I'd love to get 10 pints or so! I am definitely done with salsa - I've used up pretty much all of our jalapeƱos and Serrano peppers, plus I'm pretty sure we won't run out of salsa this year.

I'm so thankful that we have had such a productive garden year! We have a small fall/winter garden planted so I'm excited to see how that goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment