Monday, May 6, 2013

Today's Excitement

We just got back last night from a trip to Oregon. I started feeling achy on the drive, but by the time we got home I was running a fever and my throat felt like it was on fire. I immediately went to bed and woke up this morning feeling like I was hit by a truck. Misery.

My children seem to enjoy capitalizing on my lack of attentiveness. I was on the couch (after my big kid made oatmeal and the boys loaded their dishes into the dishwasher!) when I heard complete panic from Archer in the bathroom. He had tried to flush a *little* too much toilet paper and we had a massive flood on our hands. I jumped up as quickly as my body would allow and got it cleaned up, but let me just say that is NOT a fun thing to clean up especially when you are feeling terrible!

We dropped Preston at school, came back, and I told the little boys to play nicely outside while I rested on the couch. Probably 10 minutes later I heard a blood-curdling scream from the littlest, and looked out to see him on the ground by the trampoline. Now, it's important to note that Archer is a TOUGH kid. I have never heard him scream like he did, so I was already concerned as I rushed out to him. He was holding his arm funny, and it just didn't look right. Off to urgent care we went for x-rays...poor little boy broke his left ulna. The boys particularly enjoyed seeing the "pictures" of Archer's arm, and Archer declared that he had a "cut" in his bone. It was lined up really well thankfully, but he's in a splint/sling for a week until he goes to the ortho for a follow up and cast.

So needless to say, today has not been a good day. At all. Turns out a trampoline with an enclosure only works if you are INSIDE the enclosure, not walking around the outside!





No comments:

Post a Comment