Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lemon Glazed Chocolate Biscotti



I needed a dessert to take to a Christmas party tonight, so I started trying to figure out what I could make that was festive, yummy, and a finger-food. BISCOTTI! But I had never made biscotti before, so I thought I should start with a recipe that was clearly marked "BEGINNER." Thank you, Google: Easy Chocolate Biscotti for Beginners. I have no idea how people managed to cook or bake ANYTHING before the internet. Luckily I didn't have to fend for myself in pre-internet days. I had used up our last eggs earlier in the day making some yummy bread and cinnamon rolls (gave most of them away, thankfully, otherwise I'd be gaining way too much weight), and no way was I going out in the cold just for EGGS! So I thought I'd give it a shot using flax seed meal and water as a substitute for eggs.

SUCCESS!

I've had to restrain myself from eating them all today. I dipped the ends in chocolate, and then made a lemon glaze (just powdered sugar and juice from 1 lemon) to drizzle over them. They are delicious. Perfectly crunchy, sweet, and a little tart. Oh yum. It was time consuming from start to finish (mostly baking time), but not difficult at all. And I made them after the boys went to bed last night so I had purely uninterrupted baking time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment