Thursday, December 23, 2010

Only 2 Days

2 days until 3 Care Bears are supposed to be finished. Grumpy Bear, Tenderheart Bear, and Birthday Bear. The odds of them being finished by Christmas? Less than 10%. Well, realistically, probably less than 1%.

We all got sick Tuesday, except for Archer. Bryton actually started Monday night with a low fever, but he was acting fine for the most part, just complaining that he was cold (and he was really whiny, but that was attributed to the nap-less day and lots of excitement of spending the day with grandparents). Tuesday, John called and said he was probably canceling his afternoon patients because he wasn't feeling well. John NEVER takes a sick day. Bad sign. I was also feeling a little queasy, but nothing major.

John came home and started puking (among other things!). Preston started shortly after. And I started in the middle of the night. Oh man, it was AWFUL. I won't go into details, but I can't remember EVER having felt like that! By the middle of the day Wednesday, we were no longer frequenting the bathroom, but just completely exhausted. And I lost 5+ lbs. Wow.

We thought maybe B would escape, but no. Last night he started puking. I am holding out hope that Archer won't get sick. (Antibodies from breastfeeding? I can only hope...)

Now I'm spending the day doing insane amounts of laundry. So much laundry that I have actually lost count of the # of loads, but I'd say it's going to be more than 10. The house is a complete disaster. And my limbs feel like I've just run a marathon (not that I've ever run a marathon, but I'd imagine this would be what it would feel like). The boys have bounced back surprisingly well and seem to be back to normal today, while I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Now do you see why the Care Bears probably will not be finished by Christmas? (My mom has promised to help if they aren't finished by the time she comes to visit...maybe I should just leave them for her to sew!)

No comments:

Post a Comment