Tuesday, April 2, 2013

First Stop

Cartagena, Colombia.

This was one stop I was kind of ambivalent about before we arrived. I loved the rest of the itinerary, so I figured this was one we would just tolerate.

So wrong. Cartagena turned out to be one of our favorite stops. We went to a fishing village and saw how they cast the nets, went to a restaurant in the newer part of town, hit the Emerald Museum, then spent the rest of the time in the Old Town (could have spent more time there definitely!).
The boys even really enjoyed it. I was kind of surprised, but we saw a lot in a short amount of time, and came home with Colombian coffee and soccer shirts for the boys. So funny how our preconceived notions can be so wrong! I never thought I'd even enjoy Cartagena, yet after visiting for a day, I think I might like to go back some day.







































No comments:

Post a Comment