Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Only 10 Days...

Christmas was 10 days ago, but we've been a little busy around here with Christmas celebrations and my parents' visit. My parents left last night, so I guess it's time for things to get back to "normal" around here (except that the boys apparently want to continue their lack of naps which is NOT making me happy...I really could have used a little nap today!).

Anyway, back to the point of this post: my Christmas present! Remember when I blogged about the KitchenAid that I got 90% off at Lowe's? I have a bit of a history with KitchenAid mixers - we got a nice Professional KitchenAid mixer for our wedding, and I burned out the motor making bread. Then I borrowed my Mom's old Bosch mixer which I discovered was infinitely more powerful than the KitchenAid, but after giving it back I had been just mixing up bread by hand. Anyway, I thought I'd give the KitchenAid another try since you just can't beat $15 for a mixer, but sadly it just wouldn't cut it. It was too small and definitely not powerful enough to make 4 loaves of bread at a time. I was a little disappointed, but figured I'd just go back to mixing it by hand.

Well, fast forward to Christmas morning, and my amazing husband got me this beauty:A shiny new Bosch Universal mixer! Apparently, along with being a last-minute Christmas shopper, he's a pretty smart guy. I'm definitely one of those girls who appreciates a good functional - yet thoughtful - gift, so I was not insulted by it being an "appliance". Maybe next year I'll get a Dyson? :)

My other Christmas present (that I bought with my Christmas money) should be here Friday...hopefully I'll blog about it next week sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment