Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The 3rd

3rd Dr. appointment today.  CHECK.

The eldest is a little over 40 lbs and 45" tall.  He's such a jabber-box.  The Dr. probably spent longer than he had allotted with us because Preston was talking his ear off. 

1 vaccine, done.  Unfortunately it was a "combo" vaccine (DTaP & IPV) which I wasn't super thrilled with but they are both shots we would've opted for individually anyway so I went with it.  I did a little more research when we got home and found out that a lot of the combo shots have high levels of aluminum in them, which is one of the things that we diligently try to avoid.  Sometimes I feel like we just can't win with these type of situations.  The amounts of "other stuff" in vaccines is just a little (okay, a lot) scary to me.  I am glad I did some more research though, because one of the vaccines that the nurse was really pushing for was a combo that I had never heard of (MMR & varicella) which I am definitely NOT comfortable with them getting.  (The boys aren't getting the varicella vax at this point, but we might revisit that at a later time if they haven't gotten chickenpox naturally at a young age.)

Once again, I was happy with the pediatrician, but really, I wasn't very thrilled with the nurse.  She looked over Preston's vaccine record and started spouting off the things that he "needs" and looked at me in complete horror when I told her what we were planning.  Oh well.  You can't win them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment