Monday, February 28, 2011

My Weekend Project


CHEESE!



Since mastering the "art" of mozzarella making, I have been wanting to try cheddar.  The instructions seemed a little intimidating so I kept putting it off...and putting it off...and putting it off.  Once I finally dove into it, it wasn't all that much different than the mozzarella.  It has a few more steps, but really, a lot of the time it takes is waiting time.  

So I now have a 2 lb block of Farmhouse Cheddar on my cutting board.  I can't say for sure that it's a success yet, but so far it looks like the pictures so I think that's a good sign.  In a couple days I'll coat it with wax, and then it will have to age for 2 months or so.  In 2 months, I should know if it was officially a success!

Now, all I need is a goat or a cow for all the milk I'll need to make cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment