Friday, February 11, 2011

Success

We survived the appointment yesterday!  Woohoo! 

I really liked the pediatrician.  He was up-front about his feelings on vaccinations (that he firmly believes that they are safe and beneficial, etc.), BUT he respects that it is the parents' decision.  He said that he won't say another word about it, but he does feel that it is his responsibility to tell parents his opinion.  He told me which vaccines would no longer be "necessary" due to the ages of the boys since the diseases aren't likely to be life-threatening at older ages.  I told him what I was planning as far as vaccinations go, and his response was "You tell me, and we'll do it."  Yes.  Thank you. 

I felt so much better about him than our last pediatrician who made me feel incredibly stupid and talked down to me.  I don't expect to find a pediatrician (at least around here) who agrees with our decision to delay/selectively vaccinate, but I'm glad we found one who is respectful of a parent's right to choose what is best for their children.  It was still a little difficult for me to read their "policy on vaccines" and to hear his opinion...but at the same time, I want him to be respectful of my opinion, so I tried to sit there quietly and listen.

On to B and Arch, who had their check-ups.  B is weighing in at about 29 lbs.  Not terrible since he had just spent 5 days puking his guts out.  I thought he was only about 29 lbs PRIOR to that.  He's such a little bitty thing though, and Archer is closing in on him at 26 lbs.  Both are meeting all their "developmental guidelines" for their ages (not that I had any concerns, but it's always nice to hear that things are "on track" I suppose).  Both of them were relatively cooperative, minus a screaming fit from Archer, and B refusing to open his mouth.  And Preston and Bryton have been playing Doctor all day with the tongue depressors that the Dr. gave them.

2 appointments down, 1 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment