Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oh Seattle

One of my favorite cities. I love it. And I'm glad we're within driving distance, even if it does make for a lot of time in the car!

I got a random text Friday from John asking me if I wanted to go to Seattle Sunday-Monday. Like I would ever turn that down! So while he called Paws-n-Claws to see if they had room for Jasper, I hopped on Priceline to see if we could find a cheap hotel downtown. Once again, we were NOT disappointed: $55 for a nice hotel in Pike's Place area. I love Priceline. I know some day we will most likely be let down with booking through them - it's a little scary to book something without knowing FOR SURE what you will get, but as of now, we have always enjoyed the hotels and this time was no exception (although the elevator was tiny and claustrophobic...hardly big enough for the 5 of us!).

Sunday night Sushi! P&B spent much of the meal practicing using chopsticks (or chapsticks as B calls them), while Archer spent his time watching Diego on the iPod.

We also got to meet up with a friend from college Sunday night which was lots of fun. I'm sure he was probably less than thrilled with Archer sticking his fingers in the whipped cream on his cheesecake, but he willingly shared anyway.

Monday morning: Children's Museum!

Again, we got to meet up with an old friend and her 3 girls. P&B told me on the way home that the girls were their "girlfriends" because they weren't boys. Brilliant observation, boys!

John helping Archer paint - Archer especially liked dipping the toilet plunger in paint and smacking it down everywhere.


And B making dino tracks!

We also made a trip to IKEA of course, but we haven't put the purchases to use yet since we got home kind of late last night! I think I will have to dedicate another blog post to the IKEA purchase.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment